Friday, November 30, 2007

How Great is our God

Have you ever just had a moment where God speaks loudly?

At my office is a young mother who is battling cancer. She is in chemo right now, has lost her hair and to my knowledge is not a Christian. The day we found out about her cancer, I gathered a group of ladies, along with her, and we got in a circle here at work and prayed. It was one of the most moving times in a prayer circle that I have ever experianced.
Today we received a call from her giving us the test results of her latest blood work. 85% of the cancer is gone - PRAISE GOD!! They are going to continue with chemo but she is so optimistic about it. The coolest thing is that us girls, who were together for the original prayer time with her, were all standing together at my desk this morning when we got the news. We had all gotten silent for just a second and the only thing we could hear loud and clear was my radio. The words that were sung in that moment of silence were "How great is our God, sing with me How Great is our God!"

No doubt we knew we had heard a fresh word from Him and knew who we were to give thanks to for this wonderful news!

No comments: