Monday, April 30, 2007

Final Thoughts

Tomorrow morning I will be giving birth to my son Morgan Parker. Words can not describe the emotions that I feel tonight. Joy that tomorrow I will no longer be fat!! But sadness as I realize this could be the last time I ever conceive a child, therefore all the wonder and goodness of being pregnant may end in the morning. I love being pregnant!! It's like having a pass for everyone to be nice to you. People let you skip in line when they see you, they help you pick up things when you drop them, they give up their seat for you and I can't even begin to say how nice the men at Publix are when they take out your groceries...they even open the car door for you! But tomorrow I will become just another person to strangers :(

Taylor is at Grandma and Grandpa's for the night and Mark and I are just spending the evening alone. Tomorrow we become parents of "children". Weird thought!! As I sit here and think back upon these past 9 months I am reminded of the miracle that has occured inside of me. Once you are pregnant, there is no denying the sanctity of life. To feel your child moving inside of you makes you realize how precious their little life is. I have loved every minute of feelilng Morgan move slowly and at times rather violently, feel him have hiccups, feel him stretch, turn over or just lay still while sleeping. To be in a crowded room of people and all of a sudden you feel your child move inside of you and no one else knows...it's like a little secret between just the two of you and it's the best secret ever!! The memories of being uncomfortable or in pain will fade and the precious memories of joy will always be at the front of my mind. I am so thankful God has given me the ability to bare children. It is something I have never and will never take for granted.

Because of this generous gift, Mark and I vow to always love our children unconditional, to help them through out life no matter the circumstance, to make our home a haven of peace and rest and most importantly to always lead them by being Godly examples. We pray that we will demonstrate in our own lives how to be committed to the Lord in all that we do so that one day our children will accept Christ as their personal Lord and Savior in their hearts.

To all who have prayed for us during this pregnancy we thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We look forward to sharing with you all how God has blessed us with Taylor and now with Morgan and how we know God will continue to bless us as we glorify Him in all that we do.

I Sameual 1:27 I have prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I have asked of Him.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Tami, I will pray for you and your sweet baby in the morning. Wish I could stop by your hospital room tomorrow!!! Love you!