Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Accident

So I'm sure you've noticed I haven't written in a month, so here's why...Taylor was falling off of the couch and I ran to try to get to her before she landed on the coffee table. I skidded across our tile floor slamming my hand in to the wall and breaking it! I didn't get to Taylor in time. She landed head first in to a coffee table. I didn't know what to expect as I turned her over. The site I saw will forever haunt me in my dreams. My precious 2 year old was laying in a pool of blood with her forehead open to the bone. Me, being a fireman's daughter, should have known to put pressure on the wound and call 911. Nope, I completely panicked!! Luckily, Mark had his senses and put pressure on the wound and I called 911. (I'd love to get a copy of my call as I have no idea what I said to the operator) The firemand and rescue guys came and took care of the situation and we all headed to Wolfsen's Childrens Hospital. Long story short, Taylor got 5 stitches, I got a broke hand and Mark got 2 hospital bills!
Today, Taylor is doing just fine. We are daily treating her scar but the doctors assure us the scar will heal. My hand is still broken and I have another 3 weeks till I can take my splint off. But we thank our great Lord that the situation turned out this way instead of a tragedy. Taylor could have blinded herself had she hit her head any lower, she could have lost consciousness...you get the point. We are so thankful for our kids lives and we definitely do not take any second for granted.
Unfortunately, Mark has taken this pretty bad and has been letting Taylor sleep with us ever since that night....what have we started??!!
I'm not going to put in the really disgusting photo of Taylor because it is just to gory but I found a few tamer pics and a current one that shows you how great she looks now!



1 comment:

Meli said...

I was wondering what happened to your hand. I'm glad that everyone is okay!!