Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mrs. Shirley Lindsay



As most people know Mrs. Lindsay passed away on Thursday evening. Can you imagine the reunion between her and Homer G? I bet there was dancing, chicken and pie :)

What a legacy this lady and her entire family left for generations to follow. If you wanted a Godly christian example, all you had to do was look to her. No matter if she knew you or not, she would stop you, hug you and tell you how much Jesus loved you!

I remember just one week ago she stopped me in the church hall and said "Tami, I can't beleive how big your children are getting. They are so precious! Remember to tell them everyday that Jesus loves them." Then she gave me a hug and her award winning smile.

To all who knew her, I'm sure your lives have been changed and touched in a very special way. To all who didn't know her, you missed out knowing one of God's greatest works of art!

2 comments:

Ashlee Davis said...

beautiful blog. what a great service tonight, i was so encouraged and lifted; just like mrs lindsay would have wanted it!

Lyndsay Almeida said...

I just happened to click on your blog from another one (you know how that goes), and I read your sweet words about my Grandma.

Thank you!