Monday, July 23, 2007

Glimpses of Glory

My dad sent this to me today. It's so powerful and amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NaSROohLzs

As I reflect on this past week I think of 3 people I know that have passed away from here to Glory and also a family member who will probably be leaving us very soon as well. I'm sometimes astonished at our own selfishness as we stand here on this crumbling Earth and grieve over loved ones when in reality, if you are a child of God, you should be jumping up and down excited for your loved one for they are probably kneeling before the Lord Almighty right now. Home, at last.

Sometimes my days can get so complicated and tired and messed up and I think if only a glimpse Lord, if only I could get one glimpse of Glory it might inspire me to go on another day. And you know, He does! I see it in the faces of my sweet children, in the loving hugs of friends, a smile from a co-worker, a thank you from a teenage girl, a breeze on a hot day, a phone call from my parents, a child kneeling at the alter, a grandfather getting baptized and an I love you from my husband. Heaven really can be seen here on Earth. We just sometimes have to wade through the mess all around it, to see it. But thankfully, we've all been promised a day when we truly will see Heaven. A day where we no longer wish for a tomorrow. God said that all who believe in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. His son came down, died and rose again just for me...what a thought! If Christ isn't living in your heart I pray that you seek Him, find Him and one day share a forever with Him in Heaven.

No comments: