Monday, October 13, 2008

Taylor quotes

Taylor was singing the cute song "Oh be Careful" she was doing good until I heard her sing "Oh be careful little mouth what you eat!" Mark and I just cracked up!!

I was laying down with Taylor the other night trying to get her to go to bed. I told her she could sleep anywhere on the bed the only rule was she was not to get off of the bed. So we are laying there and I could feel her trying to sneak off the bed. I didn't move I just said "I can see you." So, she comes up to my face and puts her finger on my nose and says "Then maybe you should close your eyes!" Oh Lord give me strength if this is how her sassy self is going to be the rest of her life :)

Taylor was coloring the other Saturday night at her little table. Morgan kept trying to get in to her crayons and it was really starting to bother her. So, she says "Momma, can you put Morgan to bed please?" It was only 5:00 but she figured this was the best way to keep her brothers hands out of her stuff.

This isn't a quote but it's about Taylor. I was putting Taylor to sleep last night. We always get up in bed and read a few books then turn out the light and I snuggle with her til she falls asleep (I know, I know I should cut the cord but I LOVE this time with her) anyway last night she picked out 2 books. She's always very quiet while I read her books so nothing was unusual but as I got half way through the second book I heard this loud - like really loud - snore! The poor girl pooped out on me right as the Care Bears were sailing their Ship of Dreams in to Care-A-Lot. It was so precious! I tucked her in, kissed her forehead, told her I loved her and just watched my angel sleep for a few minutes. There are few moments in my day when I get to just stare at her and really look at her. To see how perfect, beautiful, innocent and a gift she is to me and Mark. I just thanked God for her and for Morgan last night as I watched her sleep. Children really are a gift from God and we should take a few moments everyday to thank God for them!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I couldn't agree with you more...soooo sweet!

Ashlee Davis said...

i always enjoy your post, you have such a sweet family