Friday, December 5, 2008

A tender heart

Last night I was going through some of Morgan's clothes. He has hit a growth spurt and I needed to get some of his old clothes out of the way. So he had clothes all over his room and Taylor came in and asked me what I was doing. So I told her and then trying to make every moment a teachable moment, I told her that there are a lot of kids in the world that don't have any clothes. I showed her how blessed her and Morgan were for having a closet full of things to wear. She repeated back to me "There are kids that don't have clothes?" I told her yes and she just kind of looked at me with a blank stare. Then she trotted off and I thought well, that was really productive. Then a few minutes later she came back in Morgan's room, her arms full with all of her pajama's. She said "Momma, I'd like to give my pajama's to some kids that don't have any" I just lost it. I went over and just held her. With tears in my eyes I told her how sweet she was and that I was so proud of her.

She was so serious about it...I mean how does a 3 year old understand that?? But really, who are we to question their heart. Didn't God say don't suffer the little children that they should come to me? Oh that we could all be lead with a child-like heart.

2 comments:

JennaDK said...

thank you for that. my eyes are swelling up with tears!

Your Gospel-Loving Friend said...

That is SO precious!!