Monday, June 23, 2008

Morning Sickness

Ok NO...I'm not pregnant!! But I did get the symptoms this morning...
I was driving this morning and when I got to a red light I happened to look down at my hand on the steering wheel. And I saw it, only 1 diamond band on my all-important finger. I looked again and realized my diamond ring and my other diamond band were not there!! I got a waive of nausia as I thought I have just lost my engagement ring and wedding band, my husband is going to kill me!!! I thought about the sentimental value, the monetary value and I just broke out in a cold sweat. So, I pulled over and emptied out my purse, looked under the car seats, went through my bag. Then I called Mark in tears and said I have to go home and find it. He was actually pretty calm. So, I got home and started tearing the house apart. I had done laundry early this morning (yes, the joy of mother hood and having a full time job leaves you no choice but to do laundery at ungodly hours of the day!!) So, I went to the drawers where I knew I had put laundry up, emptied the kids toys out, undid the beds. I was about to change clothes and go digging through the garbage! Exasperated, I raised my hands up and cried out "Lord, Please direct me to my rings!!" I stood still for a moment and then walked in to my bedroom. And there across the room I saw the 2 rings just laying there. I don't know how they got there. I never EVER take my rings off (there is a story behind that) so I know I didn't take them off. I have no clue how it happened but it didn't matter...my precious rings and I were reunited. I can hear Peaches and Herb singing it now. I sat down and just thanked Jesus out loud.

It was now 8:15, I was exhausted, sweating, sick to my stomach and late for a doctor appointment....what a beautiful Monday morning!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

You are so funny! Glad you found them. :)