Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Princess

The Princess party was the funnest thing ever! Basically, the Magic Kingdom shuts down and then there is a big party for just princesses and pirates. There's X's all over the park and when you see one you get treasure...the girls got tons of necklaces and a bag of jewels. Taylor and my niece, Delaney, dressed up and they were precious. Taylor was sure to tell everyone that she was Belle. There really wasn't a whole lot of people there so we rode every ride, several times. The longest line we stood in was 20 minutes and that was to have a private photo session with 3 princesses...which was the highlight of the evening, besides the Merry-Go-Round which Taylor calls it the American-Go-Round. We were on the ride and all of a sudden she screamed "American -Go-Round, Yes!! and she threw her hands up in the air. Taylor is very skittish about the dark and is scared of the most random things at time so needless to say she was scared on several rides, like the Pirates of the Caribbean. But she was so funny because at the end of every ride she would hold her hands up in the air and say "We did it!!" I guess this was just a self-confidence boost for her. And for those who know how Delaney talks you know her little raspy voice is darling. So, we were on Goofy's roller coaster and when it stopped we heard this loud raspy voice from the back scream "Guys, I am SOO excited!!" All day these girls just had us cracking up. It was so much fun and great mother-daughter bonding time :)

The party lasted until Midnight and we determined to stay till the last second. Around 11:00 Taylor starting becoming a little delusional. She was just in a different world, staring off in to space, not answering anything you said to her. So, about 11:45 my mom took her to the potty and she said that while Tay was tinkling all of a sudden her eyes closed. The poor girl had actually fallen asleep on the potty!! So, we put her in her PJ's and let her crash in the stroller. But once we got the girls back in to the car they got a second wind...and it didn't quit until around 2:00 am. I can already see how slumber parties later in life are going to be :)

I think my little man missed me. When I got home tonight he was so excited about seeing me and Taylor. He climbed up in my arms, laid his head on my shoulders and just held on to me for a few precious moments. It was priceless. I tell you, there's no place like home, especially when there's TONS of love to go around.

I only have a few pics but my sister took a lot more so when she sends them my way I'll post them.
















6 comments:

Allison said...

Sooo cute!! We go to Disney several times a year, but we have never made it to the Pirate and Princess party! Katie found out about it recently and according to her, we are absolutely going to have to go ASAP!!!

Marianne Elkins said...

That looks so much fun! I can't wait until Katelyn is old to enough to go!

Diane Taylor said...

What a sweet time...making such sweet memories!!! Diane

Melissa said...

Molly would be so thrilled to do that. We will have to take her. Do you think my six year old boy would like it - he likes pirates stuff? I saw your pics of Princesses on Ice. Me, Molly & my mom went and she loved it.

Tami Muhlbauer said...

Melissa...I think he would like it. There were tons of boys dressed up as pirates all over the park. And "Jack Sparo" was walking around taking pictures with all the boys. There was plenty to do for both boys and girls.

Allison said...

Aw, how sweet!! Kallie would have loved it! Aren't girls so much fun?? :)