Monday, July 14, 2008

The Birds

Anyone ever see the old movie "The Birds"? That movie really creeped me out when I was a little girl. I remember seeing some of it over at my Aunt Zelma's house. I had nightmares for months. Since that time I always had this vision that one day I was probably going to be attacked by birds....it finally happened!

Last night, as me and the kids were driving home from church, we started up on the ramp to the Hart Bridge. It was quiet in the car, both kids were starting to zone out, I was in my own thoughts and then out of no-where this big white bird flew right in to my windshield. I screamed and about lost control of the car. I heard a loud thud and then a few more thuds as it skidded over the top of my car (thank God I had the sunroof closed!) I pulled over to the side of the road as I was completely shaking from head to toe. Taylor says from the back in her tiny voice "Momma, was that a bird?" I'm thinking, how do I tell her this without traumatizing her. So, I said yes and then she started cracking up. I couldn't beleive it! She looks over at her brother and says "Morgan, a big bird just went SMACK on our window!!" as she covers her mouth with her hands laughing hysterically, which in turn, got me tickled too. When I got home I had to get out the cleaning products as there was white gook all over my windsheild and roof, it was so gross!

The car is fine and we are fine but I doubt that birdy will be flying South for the winter this year :)

6 comments:

Allison said...

Shane still to this day makes fun of me because I once hit a flock of birds on one of the Jax bridges. A flock. They didn't move...I mean, what do you do?? I will tell him that it runs in the family.

Melissa said...

I looooove Zelma. Glad to see her getting a shout out :0)!

Allison said...

So funny!

Melody said...

Just wondering are you still scared of Clowns?. For some reason I never forgot that!

:) Melody

Ashlee Davis said...

you tell the best stories or maybe your family is just that cute lol.

Allison said...

I have to say that I almost referenced your fear of clowns in my first comment, too! I have always remembered that and you won't believe it, but one of my best friends now is deathly afraid of clowns, too. Apparently it is a common fear...