Monday, July 14, 2008

That darn rocking chair!!

I got a call today from the director at Morgan's school and they said I probably needed to come down and get Morgan. He was walking today and fell and hit his head on the bottom of a rocking chair. When I got there he was sitting in Donna's swivel chair just laughing but he had a nice gash to his head, which was still bleeding. So, off to Wolfson's Children Hospital we went. I was actually very impressed that I only spent 2 hours there. That's like record speed for that place!

The doctor that helped us was actually a girl that I went to high school with so that was really cool and calming, except for the fact that we are the same age and she's a doctor and I'm a....well, I'm not a doctor. Anyway, she said he was probably going to scream when they hold him down to glue his head back together (they glued it instead of stitches) but when they held him down he started giggling. He was so cute! Anway, after 2 quick hours we were home, he got some lunch and now he's out for the count!

Now, he and Taylor have matching scars on the exact spot on their heads...how sweet :)



9 comments:

Meli said...

Glad he's okay. That's funny about the matching scars though, My brother and I have matching chin scars.

Allison said...

Aw, poor little guy! It sounds like it didn't phase him though. He must be tough! When did he get so big? He looks so grown up in those pictures.

Melissa said...

Molly had to have the glue on her chin last year. She did amazing too. Grant & I... not so much.

Tiffany said...

Poor little guy. He looks so cute in the pictures.

Allison said...

Bless his heart. Its so funny to me when we parents are freaking out and they are just laughing!!! He looks like he is doing great, though!

Unknown said...

I told you that 18+ years of blood and broken bones was just starting!

Marianne Elkins said...

What is it about your family? You guys are a bunch of klutzes! Are you sure you didn't give birth to Katelyn? :)

amie said...

when we lived in orlando sarah mae got the glue on her face, lovely!!!
once it comes off put Maderma on it EVERYDAY. that should help it not to scar.

Amy said...

what a trooper!
....you guys are so klutzy :)