Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Halloween is definately not like it was when I was a kid. I can remember my parents setting us loose to roam the streets and go to every neighbors house until late in the evening. Often times, coming home to empty our bags and head back out for more candy. I always thought my paretns were "checking" the candy for us but recently I've discovered they were really "eating" our candy!! The nerve!!

Now days, there's no way I'm letting my kids loose! So, we all go to grandma and grandpa's house (a.k.a. the candy theives) They order pizza, Mema comes over and then we go to a few selected houses. But this year instead of houses we went to Trinity's Trunk or Treat. It was actually a lot of fun and stress free! They had it all organized, it was clean, there was christian music playing (and Taylor was in her own world dancing to that music...I couldn't mimic her dance if I tried - it was funny stuff!) The kids got tons of candy and when they went to bed I weeded out my favorites and put them in a bag to bring to work....come one -I learned from the best!

Taylor was Cinderella, Morgan was a lion, Delaney was a cheerleader, Nicholas was Indiana Jones and Bradley was home with strep throat :(

Oh and on a side note we got in a car accident on the way to my parents house. We were a dead stop and some dumb woman plowed right in to the back of us. Luckily, we were in Mark's huge truck. We all were thrown a little forward in our chairs and Taylor screamed "daddy, don't do that again!!" But we were all ok...actually the worse damage done was to the 2 liter of Coke in the backseat. Oh and the lady's car was jacked up pretty bad but she wasn't hurt either. It was a great way to start the evening!!







3 comments:

Amy said...

You forgot to mention the dreaded fall that me and Morgan had....the kids were very cute tonight

Your Gospel-Loving Friend said...

Morgan made a great lion! Maybe we'll try a Trunk or Treat next year... it would solve the problem of Noah walking into stranger's houses...

LucieP said...

Hello! I did not know you had a blog! Look at that handsome lion! ROAR!!