Monday, November 24, 2008

Taylor's field trip

Taylor went on a field trip last Friday to the zoo. I wasn't able to make it so my parents gladly stepped in and helped out. That morning when we got to the school we were all in Taylor's class room waiting for the buses to get there. I just laughed at the scene unfolding. If you know my dad then you know he never meets a stranger and loves having fun. I look over and there is my dad sitting in one of the little chairs and all the kids are piled over him. They are in his lap, in my moms lap, sitting on the tables and at their feet. My dad is reading them a book and has them all excited. It was sooo sweet! And you could see Taylor's little face just beaming. I'm imagining she was thinking "Yeah, I know, that's my grandpa and he's so cool!!"

So off they went to the zoo and it just so happened that it was about the coldest day we have had here in ages. It was about 50 degrees outside! But they still had fun! My parents stayed with Taylor, her best friend Juel, a.k.a. Juel-Bug and her daddy. They all wear t-shirts from their school so that it is easier to keep up with them. Please forgive the way my child looks. Apparently, her jeans were a little long so my mom rolled them up...very fashionable and her hair, well, I'm not really sure what was going on there...any way, they had a great time!!










No comments: